A four page CtP Thermal Platesetter that offers productivity, flexibility, ease of use, and excellent image quality for both large and small commercial Litho and packaging printers.
The new generation PlateRite 8000N series thermal CtP recorders from Screen are the successors to the world leading PlateRite 8000 Series. Many years of experience and positive feedback from over 14.000 happy customers have led to further enhancements on design, specification and environmental friendliness.
- Long Unattended Operation
- Ease of Use
- Excellent Image Quality
- Production Stability
- Supports Environmental Expectations
Magnus Q400 - Brochure Download - View Video
- Exceptional throughput: of up to 38 plates per hour
- Standard semi-automatic loading reduces plate making time
- Single-Cassette Unit (SCU) and Multi-Cassette Unit (MCU) options for greater automation
- Optional inline punch accurately punches plates for most commercial presses
- Small footprint for efficient plate making in tight prepress departments
- Easy field upgrades to SCU or MCU or faster speed, so the equipment can grow with your business
- Images 2-page to 6-page plates
Ease of Use
- Connectivity to KODAK Workflow Systems, including KODAK PRINERGY Workflow
- Multi-language option with nine operating languages
- Autorecovery mechanism that fixes many errors with no operator intervention
- Gigabit Ethernet communication for enhanced file management
Excellent Image Quality
- Thermal imaging provides reliable, stable, high-quality imaging
- KODAK SQUARESPOT Imaging Technology delivers photorealistic imaging on the MAGNUS Q400 Platesetter, a top-of-the-line thermal CTP solution that delivers unmatched image quality and an option for 10- or 20-micron KODAK STACCATO Screening.
Supports Environmental Sustainability
- Power saving feature for idle status reduces energy use
- Output of KODAK SONORA XP Process Free Plates saves money and space, eliminating chemistry and plate processor costs and waste and reducing water usage
1 Imaging speed and throughput is dependent on media sensitivity. All values are for media sensitivity of 130mj/cm2.
2 Tested with Kodak Workflow solutions and with MCU/SCU. For additional information about the test conditions, please consult your Kodak representative.
3 Specification for aluminum media with fixed thickness of 0.3 mm at 25˚C (77˚F).